Just A Peek

My photo
Port St Lucie, Fl, United States
I'm not the man I was, I'm not the man I want to be. I am the man I was, I am the man I want to be. Today: This is the man inside of me. Interests and Passions: Many forms of creative expression; the strange, mysterious, and unexplained; and personal and social transformation.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hiding in Plain Sight

I am big on starting something and not following it through; however, the distance I've taken things has been much longer in periods of activity than it used to be. It used to be 3-6 months, and I was done and gone--people, places, and things. This blog is an excellent example. Going to the gym is another. I hate working-out, lifting weights, and any overall exersize--except walking. I spend quite a bit of time by myself working on-- technology, photography, and other creative endevors. I hate crowds: Clubs, ballgames, flea markets, malls...especially where long-distance, bumper-to-bumper driving is involved! (Even within the cyber-world).
On the other hand: I took 11 years of Bel Canto voice lessons, have been an avid photographer for over 30 years, went back to school and received my teacher certificate, stayed at the same job for 10 years, still maintaining my learning and activities with technology for 15 years, have been with the same woman (barely at times) for over 30 years, and (most important)have been sober for over 26 years.
Like most others, I have my plus-side and my minus-side. The difference today is that I admit that to others, and that I also recognize and share that the plus-side is much greater in amount and value today. It really has been that way all the time--as I look back. The only thing that changed over the years was me. Being the center of the solar system was getting much too dificult to maintain, and at some point I took my place somewhere next to Pluto. I have my privacy, and can maintain an overview of everything else. I don't look behind me, because that would be much too overwhelming--and I would be setting myself up to be quitting something else. Life!
Peace, James Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anger's Home

Anger's Home
Where I stuff my resentments.

Followers