Just A Peek

My photo
Port St Lucie, Fl, United States
I'm not the man I was, I'm not the man I want to be. I am the man I was, I am the man I want to be. Today: This is the man inside of me. Interests and Passions: Many forms of creative expression; the strange, mysterious, and unexplained; and personal and social transformation.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

A New Beginning

Change is never easy. I spent much of my life avoiding and/or hiding from IT! Sometimes I don't see it coming. Other times, I-get-the-ball-rolling myself. Most of the time I have reacted in the extremes--like fight or flight. Highs and lows are familiar stops off the 'Crazy Train' that I call my life's journey. I've always been afraid of the gray-matter--all the stops along the way between the extremes. (FEAR! F _ _ _ Everything and Run.) If I bother to stay it's anger that becomes my protector and 'drug-of-choice', from which I often O.D'd. The beginning of addressing such core defects within my character began 25 years ago. Although it was an abrupt start, the process since has been slow, tedious, and painful. This was not really the beginning, but one of 'those stops' along the way. I got off the train; however, it was still moving. As for the 'real beginning'...I'm not sure where it is exactly. More importantly, the healing process had begun and a new beginning was underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anger's Home

Anger's Home
Where I stuff my resentments.

Followers