Just A Peek

My photo
Port St Lucie, Fl, United States
I'm not the man I was, I'm not the man I want to be. I am the man I was, I am the man I want to be. Today: This is the man inside of me. Interests and Passions: Many forms of creative expression; the strange, mysterious, and unexplained; and personal and social transformation.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Sick..Sicker...Sickest

After about a week's worth of bedrest and assorted medicines, I'm winding down from my forced and unplanned vacation in 'Swineville'. Tranistioning back to reality after surviving this type of malady, for me, can be best described as 'Jet-lag' to the tenth power. I don't do 'sick' well. If the 'act of sleeping' could be compared to a succcessful manufacturing-company needlessly holding-back production each day of its best line of chocolate products, then for me 'being sick' could best be described as having that same company maintain production at all times; yet, stockpile their delicious product in the 90-degree sun--for an indefinate period of time. (Remember, I'm still a bit delirious..and a little hungry.)
All-in-all: I don't appreciate anything that gets in the way of my 'productivity'. Multi-tasking has been a way-of-life for me since I was a young boy, and it has always been accompanied by an overwhelming sense of responcibility and dedication to a slew of underlining and un-defined 'spiritual' duties. Like the Blues Brothers would say, "We're on a mission from God'. However, moments of rest can be be quite revealing--in an uninvited-guest sort-of-way. When the busyness is forced to slow down, or even stop, I become reaquainted with the anger and fears that are masqued by it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anger's Home

Anger's Home
Where I stuff my resentments.

Followers